Thursday, June 11, 2009

TireRack.Com

Well, the car is back running 100%, no thank you to Tires Plus Total Car Care in Champaign, IL. After the previous happenings with the broken rim, I waited seven days for the replacement rim to come in before finally giving them a call to see what the deal was. I was told I'd have to wait two or three days, tops. I give them a call, and the guy tells me he was just on his way out to go pick it up and would have it in twenty minutes. Probably half an hour later as I am heading out the door, he calls me back to inform me that they had the wrong rim. He said that if I wanted he could put that one on to get me by for now, while he continued looking for the right rim. How long was that going to be?! I told him I'd think about it, and get back to him.

After that, I logged on to TireRack.Com, found my rim, found the two tires, placed my order and 20 hours later had them delivered to my doorstep. I even paid for the 2-3 day shipping, but it didn't even take a full day. Tires Plus = 7 Days to find me the wrong rim. TireRack.Com = 20 hours to deliver the right rim, plus two tires to my front door. From now on I will be going with TireRack.Com 100% of the time for my tire needs, and perhaps more. I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

5 comments:

jg said...

haha was starting to wonder if you were blown away by a stray twister.. you hadn't been on here in forever.. looks like you'll have to get out around colorado or kansas to see some tomorrow

Andrew Pritchard said...

Yeah, just nothing to write about with the car sitting on a donut out front. Will be relaxing and watching the Cubs game today, but may be heading out again late this weekend.

jg said...

say what would it take to ride along once?? anything special? lol cubs and the crew are having issues lately

Andrew Pritchard said...

Well, it comes off as rude potentially, but more often than not I generally prefer being all alone in my vehicle.

jg said...

nah thats cool