Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Freezing Fog Day Two

After shooting the freezing fog yesterday, I was thinking all night about how cool it would have been to get some blue sky and sunshine to really light that ice up. I woke up this morning, and almost as if mother nature heard my calling last night, the fog and low level clouds eroded quickly over northern Illinois and the sun was shining in the bathroom window as I woke myself up. I threw a couple brown sugar and cinnamon pop-tarts in the toaster and downed some orange juice and was out the door for another poke around the country. Much different today as I could actually see ten feet in front of me. Yesterday was spent driving around much of the area that is covered by the new large wind farm in southern DeKalb and Ogle Counties, however I only actually saw two of the windmills with my own eyes yesterday. Today was much different!







This would be, walking over a ditch and not realizing it, and then having the snow give way under your feet.

Puma's, while excellent shoes, are not the proper foot ware for traipsing through snowy ditches.



It wouldn't be right without at least one wind mill shot. It just wouldn't.



1 comment:

MikeH said...

That last one is a killer shot man. That is the one thing we can't seem to ever get here with the freezing fog, any clear skies after it. I think here we've had fog advisories 90% of the time the last 7+ days. Just about ready to be done with this stuff.