Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Block, IL revisited

Another down evening, and another trip to Block, IL. This time I got an earlier start to get some twilight in the star trail images. I had a few places in mind, but went right back to where I was two nights ago. The place had a few more angles that I wanted to try, and I could already see trains in the distance so I wanted to utilize the creating angles that were possible using the tracks.

I ended up having a great time! Even though we were hovering right around 20F degrees, I managed to stay out there for about 2.5 hours. I was joined by a pack of coyotes in the distance, as well as an owl that perched in a tree across the tracks hooting at me every 30 seconds or so. At one point an elderly gentlemen drove down the road in his Cadillac and briefly investigated what I was up to. He left with the statement "boy, you must really want those photos bad to be out here in this weather."

Looking south a little while after sunset. Even nabbed a little shooting star up at the top.


Now looking back northwest towards Champaign:

No comments: