Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shabonna Hike

Made my first trip out to Lake Shabonna for the year this evening. Temperatures were well into the lower 70s, so the weather couldn't have been more perfect. I didn't take a huge hike, and probably wound up walking maybe a mile and a half before parking my butt next to the lake in a little wooded area and just enjoying the quiet for an hour.

The sun eventually began heading down toward the horizon so I decided to start walking back. I hadn't taken any photos yet, so I got the camera out with the idea of taking a few shots on my walk back to the car. I snapped this guy shortly after turning around. With low expectations, this might actually be my favorite shot that I've ever taken out there. Perhaps it's just me. Just something very relaxing about it. With low expectations heading in... this guy just may make it into a frame on my wall.

No comments: