Friday, April 23, 2010

Chasing Today in Missouri

Well, I'll be all alone, but I'm heading to eastern Missouri today. My forecast is still honestly unchanged as of my thinking 60 hours ago. I could very well end up either socked in with clouds or in a subsidence filled environment where nothing fires.

However, things are clearing out now and I fully expect to see severe storms erupt in central Missouri and move eastward thru the afternoon, some of which could produce a couple tornadoes. My target remains the Columbia area early, and then progressing towards Quincy to St. Louis as the evening approaches.

Dying remnants from convection in the plains are now approaching western Missouri. This, associated with the powerful wave ejecting into central Missouri by afternoon moving into an increasingly unstable airmass filled with beautiful looping hodographs leads me to believe we'll see a few supercells. I'm leaving Champaign in a half hour attempting to be in eastern Missouri by around 2 or 3.

No comments: