Saturday, June 13, 2009

Going Local

Decided to pass on taking the week on the plains this week. Car repairs have taken their toll at a non-ideal time, so rather than screw myself for the rest of the season I'm going to spend this week here working and getting some money, while chasing locally. It looks like starting mid-week there should be off and on severe chances in the midwest. The plains will be shooting MCS's at the Mississippi River valley each day, and those will be laying down boundaries here and there that could lead to future severe thunderstorm development. Chances this week should be in the high plains, and southern Mississippi Valley area, but the threat will move north as time goes on. I'd look at Wednesday through Saturday as a potential window for severe thunderstorms in the IL/IA/MO corridor. I wish buddies Mark Sefried and Darin Kaiser much luck out there this week, but for me it was too big a gamble with potential local ops coming. Goshen County, Wyoming looks to produce again today!



In unrelated news, I'll officially be moving to DeKalb, IL this fall to finish the final two years of a BS in Meteorology at Northern Illinois University.

No comments: