Friday, February 18, 2011

Overlooked photos, day 14 - July 17 2010

Cutting this short today as I'm about to head back down to Champaign for the weekend momentarily, so I'm uploading a shot from a time and place that was already well described in an earlier post from this series.

This photo goes back to the photo of the anvil over the farm at my old favorite spot back in Champaign County. That was during a two day stretch of me spending the afternoon at this very spot time lapsing convection in the unstable summer air mass. Those who saw my 2010 DVD might recognize this shot from the time lapse sequence at the end (those who don't, I may or may not end up uploading the time lapse bit to the internet eventually). I time lapsed the crap out of this guy as it pulsed up and down from mature thunderstorm to tower and back, from an hour before sunset to an hour after sunset when it was an electrified cumulonimbus in the distance. This shot, came from this guy an hour later.

There isn't a lot to be said about the photo today, as I already got nostalgic about this spot a week or two ago in one of the earlier overlooked photos posts.

On an unrelated note, while down in Champaign it looks like we'll finally have clear skies overnight and I'm itching to play with star trails again. Unfortunately down there I don't have as many favorite night spots, but I'm sure I'll figure something out just to get out there. Astro-photography has almost become as bad as chasing for me now... if I don't get my fill I start having withdrawals.

No comments: